Vulnerability assessment is the process of identifying the underlying security issues in an application/server and reporting it to the concerned team in time before a cyber-crook finds it, exploits and causes a security disaster to the concerned organization. Vulnerability assessment is often referred as VA. It is the pre-phase to penetration testing.
Penetration testing(PT) is the next phase to Vulnerability assessment often referred to as PT. The results obtained through VA is greatly mandatory to perform PT. PT is the process of testing the identified vulnerabilities obtained through VA and digging them deeper using security testing standards like OWASP (Open Web Application Security Project) Top 10, NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology), SANS 25 and PTES (Penetration Testing Execution Standards). This is the pre-phase to exploitation.
Why VAPT in today’s time?
Asking why to perform VAPT for an organization in today’s times of predominantly ongoing cybercrimes is like asking why to provide vaccination for month’s old toddlers in a world that welcomes diseases unrestrictedly. Just like vaccination keeps the new born offspring resilient against infectious diseases, VAPT on an organization’s applications, servers and websites keeps them resilient against cyber threats. Cyberattacks are stealthy in action but clamorous in repercussions. The more pathetic concern is the fact that even if an organization has been hacked, they’ll never get to know about it unless and until a proper cybersecurity vendor does complete testing on them or when a hacker exploits and breaches their data if they haven’t approached a competent testing firm. Regarding it’s significance, former Special Counsel for the United States Department of Justice Mr. Robert Mueller has said so:
Boons Of Choosing Cycatz:
To get the best, you’ve got to reach out to the best and Cycatz proves to be the perfect frontrunner for organizations in fulfilling their security desires. Here,
- VAPT is done not just by using commercial and open-source automated tools but mostly using manual techniques.
- We develop more and more indigenous security tools to cope up with the pace of staying updated in the field in order to obtain more security vulnerabilities.
- After testing and reporting the vulnerabilities, we dedicatedly work with clients and assist them in fixing the issues.
- Testing will not just be confined to application level but code level and configuration testing will also be done to complete testing process as a whole if required.
- Security awareness will be given to all our clients to prevent them from falling to luring social engineering scams on a regular basis at their convenient time since the weakest link in security chain is inevitable humans that’s agreed even by world’s one of the most famous cryptographer Mr. Bruce Schneier:
Wake Up Words: It’s better to act and fix things rather than reacting for things after being broken!
To know further, kindly feel free to reach us out at [email protected] anytime.